Google Versus Cable Clash Fixed as U.S. Moves on Set-Top BoxBy
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler said to seek vote on new standards
Most subscribers rent boxes from their video provider today
Regulators are moving to help give pay-TV customers alternatives to renting set-top boxes from their video suppliers, setting up a battle pitting new tech giants including Google Inc. against established providers led by Comcast Corp. and AT&T Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas