Gauke Rejects Claim U.K. Gave Google Special Tax TreatmentBy
Minister tells Parliament HMRC doesn't do `sweetheart deals'
Labour opposition says size of Google tax payment 'derisory'
Treasury Secretary David Gauke denied the U.K. government is giving Google Inc. and other multinational companies special treatment over tax, saying Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs does not cut “sweetheart deals” with anyone.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's