Democrat Holds Obama FDA Nominee Over Opioid ReviewsBy
Sen. Edward Markey seeks FDA change in painkiller approvals
Obama nominated Robert Califf to lead FDA in September
A Democratic senator is holding up President Barack Obama’s nominee for head of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, calling for changes in how the agency approves prescription painkillers that have been at the center of a deadly epidemic of drug abuse.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing