Barclays CEO Deepens Cuts at Investment Bank: Key PointsBy
Bank to close offices in nine countries, primarily in Asia
About 1,200 staff to lose jobs in CEO Staley's cost drive
Barclays Plc is cutting 1,200 jobs at the investment bank, exiting businesses and closing offices in countries around the world in Chief Executive Officer Jes Staley’s first move to bolster profitability. The following is based information provided by people with knowledge of the matter and memos seen by Bloomberg.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts