Alibaba Said to Invest in Tencent's Chinese Food StartupBy
Alibaba said to control Ele.me after $1.25 billion round
Funding said to value food-delivery service at $4.5 billion
China’s Ele.me, a food-delivery startup backed by Tencent Holdings Ltd., plans to close a funding round of at least $1.25 billion by as early as mid-February in a deal led by competitor Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., according to people with direct knowledge of the matter.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline