Illinois GOP Sees Takeover, Bankruptcy for Chicago SchoolsBy
Proposal comes amid partisan stalemate over state's budget
Democratic Senate President says it's `not going to happen'
Chicago’s public school system should be taken over by the state and potentially file for bankruptcy to escape from its debts, Illinois Republican leaders said, escalating the partisan political clash over its mounting financial strains.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's