Tsai Wins Taiwan’s Presidency, Captures Legislature in LandslideBy , , and
Opposition chief elected as island's first female leader
China policy, stagnant economy sapped support for KMT
Taiwan opposition leader Tsai Ing-wen rode a tide of discontent over everything from China ties to economic growth to become the island’s first female president and secure a historic legislative majority for her Democratic Progressive Party.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt