As Oil Slumps, Bets Shift to Jan. 20 Bank of Canada Rate CutBy
BMO and CIBC join TD in calling for 0.25% overnight rate
Crude at about $30 makes some oil production `uneconomic'
The Bank of Canada will cut interest rates next week to stem the widening economic damage from slumping oil prices, according to a growing number of economists and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts