EU Moves to Discipline Poland for Abridging Democratic RulesBy
Ruling party suspected of politicizing high court, media
Brussels announcement likely to fuel nationalist backlash
The European Commission took a first step to discipline Poland’s new ruling party for seizing heightened control over the state, fueling a debate about whether eastern Europe is slipping back into its authoritarian past.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm