Yuan Loan Rates Soar in Hong Kong as PBOC Halts Currency's SlideBloomberg News
Central bank currency fixing little changed for a second day
PBOC intervention caused shortage of yuan, StanChart says
Interbank yuan lending rates in Hong Kong climbed to records across the board and the exchange rate surged the most in four months after suspected intervention by China’s central bank last week mopped up supplies of the yuan in the offshore market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards