`Star Wars' Generates $53 Million in Opening Weekend in ChinaBy
Movie chasing worldwide record set by 2009's `Avatar'
Latest installment generates $1.7 billion over four weeks
Walt Disney Co. said “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” generated $53 million at the box office during its opening weekend in China, adding to the success of a film that’s chasing the global record set by “Avatar” about six years ago.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone