Ford Boosts Profit Forecast on Change in Pension AccountingBy
Change to `mark-to-market' adds $1.5 billion to pretax profit
Automaker says move will provide clearer view of operations
Ford Motor Co. is changing how it accounts for its huge pension obligations, providing quicker recognition of changes in its retirement liabilities that will boost its 2015 pretax profits by $1.5 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks