Putin Sees a Chance for Assad to Stay in Power in SyriaBy
Putin told Kerry in Moscow there's no ban on Assad re-election
U.S. counting on Syrian diaspora, UN to ensure ballot is fair
Bolstered by its military campaign in Syria, Russia is moving closer to securing a chance for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to extend his rule in 2017 elections as the U.S. steps up efforts to end almost five years of civil war.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Restricts or Bans Travel From Eight Countries
- This Startup Is Luring Top Talent With $3 Million Pay Packages
- IPhone Disappointment Hammers Suppliers, Fuels Taiwan Outflows
- Storm Watches Issued for North Carolina as Maria Churns North
- Crypto-Mania Grips Hong Kong as City Looks for Life Beyond Banks