Egypt Raises Rates as Central Bank Sets Targets With GovernmentBy and
Central bank, government agree on plan to boost the economy
Central bank had delayed scheduled rates meeting on Dec. 17
Egypt raised interest rates for the first time in more than a year in an attempt to curb inflation, and the central bank said it has agreed with the government to collaborate on designing policies that “will contribute positively to economic growth and job creation.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas