Fox Business Outlines Cut-Off Rules for Next GOP DebateChelsea Mes
The criteria for Jan. 14 debate in S.C. as of now would likely exclude Sen. Rand Paul, Carly Fiorina and Gov. John Kasich from the main stage.
- Fox Business Network, in e-mail statement, says to qualify for main-stage debate, candidates must place in top six nationally, based on average of five most recent natl. polls, or place in top 5 in surveys of Iowa or N.H, where voting starts in presidential nomination race
- Polls must be “recognized by Fox News” and released prior 6pm ET on Jan. 11
- NOTE: Based on average of 8 recent natl’ polls compiled by RealClearPolitics website, six candidates on main stage would be Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz, Sen. Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Gov. Chris Christie
- Based on recent polling, Kasich has best chance of making main stage by breaking into top 5 in N.H.
- To qualify for so-called “undercard” debate, candidates must register at least 1% in one of five most recent natl’ polls: stmt
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE