UN Says Refugees in Uganda Exceed 500,000 on Regional UnrestBy
Rise spurred by people fleeing South Sudan, Burundi, Congo
Global refugee numbers seen at highest level since 1992
Uganda is hosting more than half a million refugees and asylum seekers for the first time in its history, with the rise stoked by war and political upheaval elsewhere in East Africa, the United Nations said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing