World's Third-Largest Democracy Heads to Polls for Local LeadersBy
Around 100 million eligible to vote in Indonesia ballots
Governors, mayors control local permits and government funds
The world’s third-largest democracy holds elections Wednesday to select local leaders with the power to speed up or stall Indonesian President Joko Widodo’s economic reforms in regional areas.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself