Harmony Gold Reduces Debt as Weak Rand Boosts CashBy
Gold down 9.9% in dollar terms; up 12% in rand this year
Company pays costs in rand, receives revenue in dollars
Harmony Gold Mining Co., which gets about 95 percent of its production from South Africa, repaid 1.1 billion rand ($77 million) of debt, or 27 percent of its total, as a plunging local currency relative to the dollar boosted cash flow.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing