Chicago Police Chief Fired in Fallout From Shooting VideoBy
Mayor Emanuel says `fresh eyes' needed to lead department
Community leaders, editorial boards had called for dismissal
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel dismissed Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy, attempting to limit political damage a week after the city released a video showing a white police officer fatally shooting a black teenager 16 times.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt