Russian Chess Chief, IS Oil Middleman Hit by U.S. SanctionsBy and
Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, World Chess Federation head, sanctioned
Ilyumzhinov responded, saying he's not doing business in Syria
Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, head of the World Chess Federation and a former Russian regional governor, was among four individuals and six entities the U.S. Treasury penalized for supporting the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt