Sweden Raises Terror Threat Level on `Concrete' InformationBy
Sweden’s security police raised its terror threat level to the second highest and increased counter-terrorism operations after receiving “concrete” information.
“Right now there’s full focus on the operative work,” the Stockholm-based Security Service said in a statement. The threat level was increased to “high,” or to 4 from 3.
Prosecutors have also started a preliminary investigation into preparations to commit terrorism. At a later press conference, police said they are searching for a suspected terrorist on the loose in Sweden.
The alert comes as French authorities have battled it out with suspecting terrorists linked to Islamic State following attacks on Friday that killed 129 people and injured more than 300. France is also intensifying bombing of the group’s positions in Syria.
Sweden has a “large number” of people that have returned from fighting in Syria and Iraq, according to the security service. Even more people could also return to the Nordic country, it said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap