The Best Soccer Clubs Want Proven Players, Not Home-Grown TalentBy
Number of club-trained players drops below 20% in Europe
Premier League spent 1 billion pounds buying players in 2015
Europe’s top soccer league spent 1 billion pounds ($1.5 billion) on player transfers this year. That record for spending came at the expense of the home-grown players coming up with their clubs’ systems, new research suggests.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018