Osborne Says U.K.'s EU Membership Key to London Financial FutureBy
U.K. Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne suggested London’s survival as a leading financial hub depends on Britain staying in the European Union.
“It’s massively in the interests not just of Britain but of the whole European Union that one of the world’s greatest financial centers is located in the EU,” Osborne told a conference in London on Wednesday.
Osborne’s comments come a day after Prime Minister David Cameron set out his reform demands to the EU ahead of a referendum, promised by end-2017, on Britain’s membership of the bloc. While the EU Commission said some of the points raised were “highly problematic,” Cameron said he is “confident” an agreement can be reached.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course