This Streaming Service Wants You to Veg Out and Channel Surf
Watching Netflix doesn’t seem arduous. You sit down, fire up the app, choose the show you want, and the next thing you know you’ve dedicated seven hours of life to watching Narcos. But Tom Ryan, the co-founder and chief executive officer of Pluto TV, thinks Netflix is too hard. He is specifically bothered that you have to pick a show instead of just flopping down and settling for whatever happens to be playing. “It really does front-load a lot of work,” he said. “People want to work less for their entertainment."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas