Rand's Record Fall Adds Pressure on South Africa's Central BankBy
Currency falls third day to as low as 14.3827 per dollar
Bets stacking up for rate increase at MPC meeting next week
South Africa’s rand plunged to a record against the dollar on Tuesday, increasing pressure on the central bank to raise borrowing costs at a policy meeting next week.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Stocks Decline on Tech Woes While Treasuries Rally: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting