VW Giving $1,000 in Cards, Credits to Owners Caught in ScandalJeff Plungis
Volkswagen AG announced Monday that owners of cars affected by the diesel-emissions scandal will receive $1,000 in payments as a goodwill gesture.
VW is offering owners of diesel-powered cars with 2.0-liter engines under investigation by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency $500 on a prepaid Visa card, $500 in dealership credits and three years of free roadside assistance.
The Wolfsburg, Germany-based automaker announced the program in an e-mail today.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- U.S. Stocks Fall With Treasuries, Dollar Climbs: Markets Wrap
- U.S. Pays Up to Auction $179 Billion of Debt in a Span of Hours
- Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far