Miners Find $42 Billion Writedowns as Diversification BackfiresBy and
Large mining company writedowns jumped 46% last 12 months
Industry accepting that prices will stay lower for longer
A bid by some big mining companies to spread the risk of low commodity prices by expanding and diversifying in recent years has turned into a costly failure.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’