U.S. Cites Worsening Burundi Violence as People Flee CapitalBy
U.S. says ultimatum to disarm could trigger more violence
Crisis Group says nation faces possibility of civil war
The mayor of Burundi’s capital urged calm as hundreds of residents fled violence and the U.S. warned that President Pierre Nkurunziza’s ultimatum for opponents to disarm by Sunday could spur wider bloodshed.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations