Historic Xi-Ma Summit Advances China's Long Game for TaiwanBy and
Beijing's economic pull over island has grown more powerful
Reunification crucial to Xi's vision of the 'Chinese dream'
The upcoming summit between Chinese President Xi Jinping and Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou is historic -- literally. It’s been seven decades since top leaders from both sides, technically still in a state of war, have met in a formal diplomatic encounter.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’