Mr. Yen Sees Currency Strengthening as Global Growth FizzlesBy
Eisuke Sakakibara projects range of 115 to 120 per dollar
Former vice minister of finance sees demand for safe assets
The yen will probably appreciate as slowing global economic growth drives investors to seek safe assets, according to Eisuke Sakakibara, who was nicknamed “Mr. Yen” when he served as Japan’s vice minister of finance from 1997 to 1999.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts