National Australia Nears U.K. Unit Exit as Focus Shifts HomeBy
Bank's cash profit jumps 16% on lower bad-debt charges
Lender to sell 80% of insurance unit for A$2.4 billion
National Australia Bank Ltd. agreed to sell its life-insurance business and announced a date for its U.K. exit as Chief Executive Officer Andrew Thorburn reshapes the lender that posted a 16 percent increase in 2015 cash profit to focus on Australia and New Zealand.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Target to Buy Shipt for $550 Million in Challenge to Amazon