Glaxo's Witty Touts Innovation as Best Defense for Drug PricesBy
Innovative drugs may be best defense against payer pressure
Company won't chase expensive deals for late-stage assets
As the pharmaceutical industry faces mounting scrutiny over drug pricing, GlaxoSmithKline Plc Chief Executive Officer Andrew Witty touted innovation as the best defense and pledged to highlight a product pipeline next month that would help withstand pressure from payers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks