EU Leaders Back Off Banking Union Pledge as Juncker Presses OnBy
References to completing banking union dropped by leaders
Commission seeking move toward common deposit insurance
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker will press ahead with plans to improve the euro area’s banking union even after leaders backed off from endorsing stronger financial-system ties, a European Union official said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing