Obama Says He Doesn't Think Clinton Server Posed 'National Security Problem'By
“I don’t think it posed a national security problem” that Hillary Clinton used a private e-mail server when she was secretary of state, President Barack Obama said in interview with Steve Kroft on CBS’s “60 Minutes,” though she “made a mistake.”
- Obama said he didn’t know about Clinton’s use of a private server
- Obama said “yes” when asked whether he could win if he were allowed to run again in 2016
- “But by the time I’m finished I think it will be time for me to go,” he said
- Speaking about Vice President Joe Biden and a possible presidential run, Obama said, “I am going to let Joe make that decision”
- Said Biden “one of the finest vice presidents in history, and one of the more consequential”
- “I’m sure that for him he’s saying to himself, ‘I could do a really good job”: Obama
- Donald Trump is “a great publicity-seeker” who “knows how to get attention,” Obama said
- “I don’t think he’ll end up being president of the United States,” Obama said of Trump
NOTE: Oct. 9 in partial transcript of interview, Obama said Syria action was sign Putin’s leadership is slipping
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.