France, Egypt Sign Contract for Delivery of Two Mistral ShipsGregory Viscusi
French naval yard DCNS and the Egyptian military today signed the contract for the sale of two Mistral-class helicopter carriers.
The sale of the ships, which had been been built for Russia but were never delivered because of the Ukraine crisis, was initially announced Sept. 23.
No price was given in today’s statement from DCNS. French officials have said the price of the two ships is about 950 million euros ($1.1 billion).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course