Republican Kasich Says He Views TPP Favorably So FarBen Brody
“I don’t know what this thing’s gonna look like. I would favor it on the headline,” Republican presidential candidate John Kasich says of Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact, cautioning: “While I think that trade is good, we gotta have the way to blow the whistle when we are getting ripped off.”
- “I think trade is a problem when people cheat and we look the other way,” Kasich tells U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce President Javier Palomarez at Washington event
- “I’m going to work like the dickens to make sure we have an expedited process” for complaints, Kasich says
- Palomarez says another candidate had “chickened out” of appearing before group, apparently alluding to Donald Trump
- On gun violence, Kasich says further gun-control measures won’t solve problem
- “The deeper issue is alienation,” he says. “The deeper issue is loneliness”
- “This aggressive search for a secular society isn’t working”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.