Hispanic Chamber Criticizes Trump for Backing Out of EventMadeline McMahon
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce says in statement Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s decision to cancel Oct. 8 Q&A session “only deepens our community’s already negative perceptions of him.”
- Trump withdrew because he “was unwilling to abide by the terms and conditions” of event, chamber says
- “Withdrawing from the Q&A can only suggest that Trump himself believes his views are indefensible before a Hispanic audience”
- Trump tells CNN that he never accepted invitation to appear at event
- Hispanic Chamber CEO Javier Palomarez met with Trump on Sept. 1; Palomarez told CNN at that meeting Trump committed to participating in Q&A
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Cambridge Analytica's Board Suspends CEO Nix Amid Inquiry
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap