Och-Ziff Wins When You Lose as Fund's Indian Casino Bets Pay OffBy and
Firm has invested about $250 million in tribal gaming
Leases slot machines and gets as much as 20% of net revenue
Cheryl Smith, barely five-feet tall with close-cropped black hair, knows about tough times. For most of her 11 years as chief of the Jena Band of Choctaws, the only funds for her 325-member tribe were meager federal handouts and a tiny profit from a liquor store called Twisted Feather.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’