London Plans Curbs on Uber With Driver Tests, Pickup LimitsBy
Transport regulator wants language, navigation tests
Taxi-app firm says proposals would hide location of cars
Uber Technologies Inc. faces curbs on its expansion in the U.K. after London Mayor Boris Johnson’s transport regulator proposed that drivers of private-hire minicabs should face English-language and navigational tests, stricter insurance requirements and limits on bookings.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself