Southern Faces $234 Million Tax Bill Due to Kemper DelaysBy and
Kemper clean-coal plant not expected to start by April 19
Startup post-April 19 requires Southern to return tax credits
Southern Co. may be on the hook for about $234 million in payments to the Internal Revenue Service after saying on Tuesday that it doesn’t expect its Kemper clean-coal power plant to be in service by April 19.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018