Rand Drops Record Low as Commodities Rout Weighs on CurrencyBy
Currency hit by falling commodity prices: Rand Merchant Bank
Stocks decline in China, top South Africa export destination
The rand dropped to record lows against both the dollar and the euro as concern grew that China’s weakening economy will deepen a rout in prices of commodities that South Africa exports and relies on for foreign exchange.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’