Democratic Donor Steyer Calls for More Primary Debates: PoliticoLaura Litvan
Billionaire Tom Steyer is calling on the Democratic Party to add another debate that is focused on climate change and clean energy, Politico reports.
- Steyer, who founded NextGen Climate environmental group, says he wants such a debate before Feb. 1 Iowa caucuses
- Democrats “must allow voters the opportunity to hear a thoughtful and robust discussion, not just a single question, about their plans to solve this issue” he says in statement
- NOTE: He’s weighing in as DNC Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is under fire for her plan to limit to six the debates among party presidential contenders; first one set for Oct. 13
- NOTE: Steyer was the top individual political donor in U.S. last yr
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans