Tanzanian Ruling Party Candidate Leads Opinion Polls Before VoteEric Ombok
Two-thirds of Tanzania’s voters back the ruling party’s candidate, John Magufuli, to win next month’s presidential election, according to an opinion poll published on Tuesday.
Of the Tanzanian citizens polled between Aug. 15 and Sept. 9, 66 percent said they would back Magufuli, while 22 percent favored opposition candidate and former Tanzanian Prime Minister Edward Lowassa, Twaweza, a Dar es Salaam-based research company, said in statements on its Twitter account.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- U.S. Stocks Fall With Treasuries, Dollar Climbs: Markets Wrap
- U.S. Pays Up to Auction $179 Billion of Debt in a Span of Hours
- Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far