FactSet Research Agrees to Buy Portware for $265 Million in CashSteve Dickson
FactSet Research Systems Inc., a provider of data and analytical software to investment managers and banks, agreed to buy Portware LLC for $265 million in cash.
FactSet will fund the acquisition by expanding an existing revolving credit facility, the Norwalk, Connecticut-based company said Tuesday in a statement. The transaction is expected to be completed before the fiscal first quarter ends.
“Portware is a highly innovative firm, with keen insight into the trading ecosystem, and strong recent success in the market,” FactSet Chief Executive Officer Phil Snow said in the statement.
Bloomberg LP, the parent of Bloomberg News, competes with FactSet in providing data and analytical tools to the financial industry.
Link to Statement:Link
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Avicii, DJ-Producer Who Performed Around the World, Dies
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Southwest Airlines Gives $5,000 to Passengers on Fatal Flight
- Oil Shrugs Off Trump Tweet to Rise for a Second Straight Week