Guinean Boom in Top-Quality Bauxite Set to Boost EconomyBy and
Guinea output of ore used in aluminum set to more than double
Guinea has more than a quarter of the world's bauxite reserves
Red bauxite powder mined by Guinea’s biggest producer -- flowing past a mangrove swamp on a conveyor belt and plunging through a giant funnel into the Rio Tamara ship -- has been the country’s steadiest source of income since it was first mined four decades ago.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’