Fiorina Won Debate, Trump Leads Field: Poll of GOP-Minded VotersGreg Sullivan
Carly Fiorina ranked the winner of this week’s Republican presidential debate by 29%, while 24% give Donald Trump the nod, according to Morning Consult poll.
- Poll surveyed 504 registered voters who watched Sept. 16 CNN debate and say will vote in party’s primary races; 69% Republicans, 28% independents; margin of error +/-4.4ppts
- 7% say neurosurgeon Ben Carson won; former Fla. Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio each chosen by 6%
- On presidential preference question, Trump leads field with 36%; Carson second with 12%
- Fiorina, 10%; Rubio, 9%; Sen. Ted Cruz, 7%; Bush and N.J. Gov. Chris Christie each with 6%
- Fiorina’s favorable ratings among the self-identified Republican voters 56%, up from 37% in Morning Consult poll before debate
- 76% see Carson favorably, 67% view Trump postively
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.