Croatia Approves Swiss-Franc Loans Switch Over Bank ProtestsBy , , and
Parliament backs bills in unanimous vote, bank shares fall
Foreign banks threaten to sue Croatia in international court
Croatia’s parliament passed legislation allowing Swiss-franc loans to be converted into euros, ignoring threats from foreign banks that they would challenge the plan in international court and central bank warnings that the move may weaken the kuna.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts