FIFA Puts No. 2 Official Valcke on Leave Amid Corruption ProbeTariq Panja
Soccer’s international governing body pushed aside its No. 2 official ahead of schedule amid an intensifying global corruption probe into bribery and kickbacks.
FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke has been put on leave and released from his duties until further notice, the organization said in an e-mailed statement Thursday. It said it had been made aware of allegations involving Valcke and had requested an investigation by its in-house ethics committee.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners