What Rising Interest Rates Would Mean for You
For years, Americans have been told that higher interest rates are coming, eventually. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen and the Fed's Open Market Committee are getting ready to lift rates off the floor, probably by a quarter of a percentage point from their current range of 0 percent to 0.25 percent. But at the Fed’s meeting on Thursday, they left rates unchanged. Expectations for an increase now shift to next month or beyond.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Stocks, Bonds Rise as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap