Singapore's Islamic Hub Dream Fading as DBS Closes Shariah BankBy and
Islamic Bank of Asia unable to achieve economies of scale
City had no sukuk this year until this week's by Cagamas
Singapore’s goal of becoming a regional Islamic finance hub has been dealt a blow by DBS Group Holdings Ltd.’s decision to close its Shariah banking unit that had aimed to develop the industry across Asia.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts